The instructions given below in this article will help you learn to remove or Uninstall McAfee software from a PC running Windows by following several standard Windows removal steps. In case you have an issue with removal, you might have to run the McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool (MCPR) then click here to know How To Fix Uninstall McAfee Products from a PC? The instructions for the MCPR tool are also given below.
Should I Uninstall McAfee Security Scan?
As much as I despise products like McAfee Security Scan, I can’t tell you it’s bad for your computer. But it is pointless. Windows has all the same alerts already built in.
I suggest getting rid of it. As long as you have a good antivirus running and your firewall is enabled, you’re mostly fine, regardless of whatever marketing-speak they throw at you when you try to uninstall it. Do yourself a favor and keep your computer clean.
How Do I Uninstall McAfee Security Scan?
It’s as simple as uninstalling the program the normal way, through Programs and Features in the Control Panel (or Add/Remove Programs for Windows XP). You shouldn’t have any trouble getting rid of it. Just push through their scare tactics when it informs you that you will no longer be protected.
Follow the steps given below to uninstall McAfee from your computer
- Open the Settings menu. You can do this by clicking on the Start button found in the bottom left-hand corner and then on the cog icon. Or you can manually search for the “Settings” option using the search box on Windows and clicking on the relevant option.
- Open “Apps” on your computer.
- Search for “McAfee” using the search box.
- Click on the “Uninstall” button. When prompted, confirm by clicking on the “Uninstall” button again.
- Windows will automatically ask you to continue uninstalling, since it is an administrative function. As soon as you confirm, you will be led to the McAfee uninstaller. Although every version is a bit different, yet following through these instructions will get you the same result.
- Finally, after following these steps, you would have successfully deleted McAfee product from your computer. This entire process is the same for uninstalling any app from your Windows computer.
How to uninstall McAfee using McAfee Consumer Product Removal (MCPR) tool?
Chances are that working through the Windows App menu may prove to be unsuccessful for you. Additionally, there might still be some components of McAfee software lurking in your system. In that case, you can always use the MCPR. However, after MCPR stops its operation, it demands a reboot. So you must save all your work before starting with the MCPR procedure.
Here are follow the below steps:
- Download the latest edition of McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool from McAfee’s official website.
- Run the tool as soon as the download is complete because it does not need an installation.
- Accept the license agreement on the prompt dialog box and input the requested CAPTCHA code. Then, click on “Next“. Wait for McAfee to uninstall completely. After this, you can access more information about the process by clicking on “View Logs”.
- If requested to reboot the system, ensure that you save all your work before going ahead.
Also Read: How to Resolve or Fix McAfee Error Code 5?
How to delete McAfee on your Mac OS Computer?
For several Mac OS applications, uninstalling may simply include dragging a folder to the trash icon. But uninstalling McAfee software can be a bit more complicated than that. Luckily, there is an effective way by which you can go about it.
· Step 1: Sign in to your administrator account if necessary. Then, open your “Applications” folder and from it select the “Utilities” folder. Open up the “Terminal” folder from the “Utilities” folder.
· Step 2: You can create a manual command in the “Terminal” folder to uninstall McAfee application, but it should be precise. If you are planning to remove McAfee’s 4.8 version, or any of McAfee’s earlier software, you should enter sudo /Library/McAfee/cma/uninstall.sh. If, on the other hand, you are using version 5.0 or later, you would want to enter sudo /Library/McAfee/cma/scripts/uninstall.sh. Press “Enter” after you are done.
· Step 3: Your Mac OS computer should finally remove all McAfee files. As soon as the process is over, reboot your Mac computer and live your life free from McAfee.
Chances are that even a Terminal command proves to be insufficient for completely removing McAfee. You might still see unwanted pop-ups or other remnants even after getting rid of McAfee. In this scenario, the best alternative is to download a reliable uninstaller app and use it to forcibly extract any remaining McAfee files.
If you have need technical help then to resolve Uninstall McAfee Products then contact our support team. Our support team is available 24*7 to assist you.
Source URL: https://sites.google.com/view/quick-av-solution/blogs/uninstall-mcafee-products-from-pc